Scholars and critics need to address many questions in order to generate the intellectual force to improve the character of education and culture in contemporary life. Here we set out questions, large and small, the merit sustained examination by diverse contributors.
- What is formative justice and how does it work in the lives of persons?
- How can each person exercise formative justice in the conduct of life and avoid formative injustice?
- How does the public ethos strengthen a person’s capacity to exercise formative justice?
- What public practices spread susceptibility to formative injustice?
- Are schools and colleges, and other institutions with educative purposes, enhancing formative justice?
- Are instructional institutions perpetrating significant formative injustices?
- What would make schools and colleges more conducive to the full achievement of formative justice by all?
- What are the formative consequences of prevailing social, economic, and political practices?
- How do salient features of everyday life strengthen and weaken the attainment of formative justice?